Quick Dinner Recipe
Quick Chicken Piccata
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• cayenne pepper, or to taste
• salt and ground black pepper to taste
• all-purpose flour for dredging
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon capers, drained
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup water
• 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/4-inch slices
• 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Original recipe makes 4 servings
1. Place chicken breasts between 2 layers of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/2-inch thick.
2. Season both sides of chicken breasts with cayenne, salt, and black pepper; dredge lightly in flour and shake off any excess.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in the pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side; remove to a plate.
4. Cook capers in reserved oil, smashing them lightly to release brine, until warmed though, about 30 seconds.
5. Pour white wine into skillet. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
6. Stir lemon juice, water, and butter into the reduced wine mixture; cook and stir continuously to form a thick sauce, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir parsley through the sauce.
7. Return chicken breasts to the pan cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with sauce spooned over the top.
Family owned and operated, Kitchen Land provides experts to service all of your custom kitchen installation needs, and includes some of the GTA’s best plumbers, electricians and hardwood flooring installation professionals. Located at 1075 Queensway East, #14 Mississauga, Ontario L4Y 4C8, we can be contacted at 905-848-8509 or 1-877-678-8509 for state-of-the-art custom kitchen installation and renovation.